Friday, January 20, 2012

Reminiscing

Hey there! Hopefully everyone's having an awesome Friday night! Tonight while I was being a hybrid cross of couch potato, channel surfer, and unkept hausfrau during blaring boring infomercials I picked out a couple of back issues of one of my favorite magazines that I had picked up from a five and dime type of thrift shop at the stunningly cheap price of a quarter an issue. Before you shout out Cosmo, Vogue, stop! The magazine I'm actually talking about is Reminisce. Just like the title implies reading this magazine is part time capsule, part time warp, and part time machine. Through its vintage snapshots as well as reader submitted anecdotes its focus is primarily on what life was like during the beginning to mid 20th century and it's definitely a must read for anyone who's interested in social and suburban styled history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!