Monday, June 25, 2012

Happy Monday! I've had a somewhat busy weekend so hence the woeful lack of posting. Last Friday I was perusing the antiquated, cavernous confines of one of my favorite haunts and came across two absolutely delightful pieces of furniture and a lovely looking glass edged in gilt trim with a design of roses. I was discussing with one of the employees the furniture I was considering and she informed me that it had came from the estate of someone who had recently passed away and the person had been born in the 1800s, the late 19th century. As I wandered around more I came across a delightful array of fabulous hats obviously from the 30s, 40s, & 50s. I also noticed a pair of beaded clasp purses and various glass objects. They had all belonged to the same person. Anyways to end my long rambling story I found it quite sad that one's family would dump one's lifetime collection of things so callously. I also felt as if I had suddenly strolled into an episode of 'Antiques Roadshow.' And in other events I satisfied my thrifty, intellectual epicurean side by purchasing cookbooks that I will probably never use since they were on sale. And I'm thinking about changing the cover on 'Pistols, Whiskey & Corsets', I like the current one however my skills as a photog aren't as adroit as I wish they were.

1 comment:

  1. You sound like you are not in an office environment. I love the way you define the furniture with your employee. I would love to read more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!